Wednesday, December 20, 2023

So it has come to my attention that getting on to someone's website is a lot easier than getting off of their website.Whenever you Whenever you log on to someone's website to see what they may have to offer, whether it's for information or possibly to sell you something. you create for yourself. A kind of never-ending spiral which is difficult for you to exclude yourself from. For example, perhaps you'd like to start making cheese. Well, the first thing you would do is look up. Cheese products. the next thing that happens is that for some odd reason the people who manufacture cheese products. Also have commercial ties with people who sell Tennis shoes or ties, Taj or perfume. it makes absolutely no sense. so the danger is that once you sign on to one website you end up being automatically a member of a multitude of other unrelated websites. . now you start getting information and emails from hordes of other vendors. Trying to sell you Tennis shoes, perfume and anything in everything. Unrelated to cheese. so when you finally catch on to this. You start to try to cancel or quote unsubscribe yourself. From all of these unwanted vendors and. in today's electronic world. We are told that all of the devices we have are labor saving. . I take exception to that. I feel I spend more time trying to get out of things. Then I did trying to get into things. I find that. I found that when I try to unsubscribe to these various and sundry website. Not only do they put the font so small that you required to get a magnifying glass to try to read. Where the unsubscribed button happens to be. also, the fault is in some form of Gray span. Or inc that is so washed stopped. It is virtually impossible tobreed. You would think if they were serious that they would make the unsubscribed button readily visible as well as a different color or at least put it in bold. once you hpresley, unsubscribe button. Once you have pressed the unsubscribed button and think that you have escaped. Your mission has only started. now you get emails from the originating group that says. Are you sure you would really like to unsubscribe? To which you reply? Yes, I do want to unsubscribe. . and then you start getting inundated with emails and say. Are you really sure you wish to unsubscribe. and then another series of emails? Which say we're giving you a second chance to not unsubscribe. then you get the third chance. To not unsubscribe but to remain a valid and honored subscriber. All of this effort takes app a lot of my time and a lot of my brain power. Which at this point in my life is much needed for everything that is normal, such as remembering to flush the toilet. Pandora, where I left my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment